- Are there only to be 144,000 resurrected when Jesus returns?
- Abraham’s children are as numerous as the stars. Are only 144,000 of them to be resurrected? Are there only 144,000 stars?
Alright, it was a little flock back in Jesus' day. Do you think it's STILL that little?
Jesus told His disciples to go make disciples of all nations! Was Jesus confused? Why would He say that if His church was to consist of 144,000 people?
Do you think 144,000 is little? How about 500,000? What about 1,000,000?
Well, 'big' and 'small' are relative.
Small, compared to what? Small compared to your household? Compared to your family and relatives? Small compared to your town, your state, your country? Compared to the people alive at the current time, or perhaps those from the last 1 or 200 years? Small compared to WHAT?
I'd like you to try something. Get a piece of graph paper out & mark out a square about 32 x 32 (of the small squares). That represents about 6.5 billion people (currently on the planet). Now color in one of those single little squares. That represents about 6.5 million people. WOW! That square you colored in is SO SMALL! How much of that little colored square do think totals 144,000? A little dot in the corner. What if that colored square were the number of people in the first resurrection, (6.5 million)? Wouldn't that be SMALL!? Trace out a 10 by 10 section, that's 100 squares. That represents 650 million people! Wouldn't that be small!? Look how many of the 32 x 32 squares remain. Remember this sheet represents only people alive RIGHT NOW. Now consider all who have EVER lived and ask yourself again, what "small" is. Everything is relative.
(See bottom of page to see how this is calculated).
Mt.9:37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful… [Out of the BILLIONS, or more, people who have existed and now exist, are 144,000 Plentiful? Doesn't 144,000 sound more like the number of a sheaf offering than a total harvest? See Lev.23:10 .]
Alright, next step...
These below, however, comefrom every nation, tribe, people and language. Read what it says. Trust the Holy Spirit that God GAVE YOU and read it! It doesn't need to be Saturday, and you don't need to be taught by Ron!
Ignore that old programming in your head and tune in to God's word. Why did God give you the Holy Spirit in the first place? Is it incompetent? Of course not! If Jesus says; "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them", what is the reason? Is it to observe you because He can do nothing else? Is it out of His hands because it's RON'S job to do the teaching!? For crying out loud. Of course not. If you haven't already, please, read my post, Do We Need To Be Taught By Others? (Actually, all of the material on this blog connects together, and can be quite helpful.
Please, don't just read them, look up the scriptures. Really think about them. Find more scriptures. Use and interlinear if you can get your hands on one. And pray for guidance!)
- When you become a believer you become a child of Abraham (Ro.9:6-8; Gal.3:6-14).
- Not all who are descended from Israel are Israel (Ro.9:6-8 Note v.8!). [Meaning, just because one is genetically an Israelite, it's not automatic qualification. There is more to belonging to God than that.]
- We were formerly excluded from citizenship in Israel but thanks to Christ, no longer (Ep.2:11-22; Jn.1:11-13).I do not believe that the 144,000 are the only ones in the first resurrection. I do believe that the great multitude ARE in the first resurrection, (Re.7:9). I do not believe that the Great Multitude is a group of144,000. I believe that the 144,000 are the children of "she who has a husband", and that the great multitude are the children of "the barren, desolate woman."
For it is written:
"Be glad, O barren woman,
who bears no children;
break forth and cry aloud,
you who have no labor pains;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
than of her who has a husband."
I believe that God IS not calling everyone, as Ron says, but that He is calling FAR MORE than 144,000, and that the great multitude are those who are not genetically from the tribes of Israel (and not everyone who is descended from Israel is Israel) and ARE in the resurrection that takes place at Jesus’ return, and are not excluded, because;
Some of you may be familiar with this story;
Some local ministers ran an add in the paper. They would be on the court house steps, writing checks to pay for parking tickets; all you had to do was to show up and present your parking ticket, and a check for the amount of the debt would be written. Did these people have to qualify in some way? No. It was a gift. Get the picture?
You may also want to see my post, Works Vs Faith.